At the time of writing this post, the patch set is available for download on My Oracle Support.
Of course, Siebel Open UI is the next big thing and it will appear on many screens across enterprises worldwide. What Siebel Open UI can do (and can't do) is of course worth a blog on it's own (good luck) or at least a series of posts on this humble blog which I hereby promise to deliver soon.
|Siebel Call Center in full Open UI glory in Google Chrome|
Here is the official list of enhancements and new features gleaned from the Maintenance Release Guide published alongside the patch download (brace yourself):
- ACR 632 provides CRM Desktop support for Lotus Notes
- ACR 726 provides BI Publisher 11g integration
- ACR 752 provides support for IBM Tivoli Directory
- ACR 755 provides support for Microsoft Active Directory on Microsoft Windows 2008
- ACR 758 and RF 970 enhances Siebel Clinical
- and finally, ACR 801 enables Siebel Open UI (also includes the Siebel Mobile Applications based on Open UI)
Wow! Truly a box full of treats for Siebel customers. Kudos, thank You and happy Holidays to all the good people at Oracle who obviously worked hard to make this happen. I am quite sure, we well read and learn a lot about Open UI and the other features in the near future.
For now, I wish you happy downloading
Update: Fellow Siebelite Oli has listed all the necessary steps to download/install the patch and enable Open UI, just in case you're looking for this.
have a nice day